Feel the Joy. All Rates Include VAT

We Have the Best affordable Rates In Rarotonga Book Today Call +682 22060

Frequently Asked Questions

What is included in the rental rate?

Unlimited kilometres, government tax and standard insurance on the rental car only with a $2000 excess.  3rd Party or Public Liability insurance is not included.

Can I take extra insurance?

Yes – for an extra $10 per day you can take insurance on the rental car only, to reduce the excess to $500; For an extra $20 per day you can choose the no excess option to cover the rental car only.

How do I pay?

Payments can be made in cash, visa, or mastercard – sorry we do not take American Express

Do I pay a bond?

Yes – all rentals are subject to a $500 bond, which can be paid either in cash, or a pre-authorisation (hold) on your credit card taken. As long as there is no damage to the vehicle, your bond is refunded (cash) / released (credit card) at the end of the rental agreement term

Do I pay for fuel?

All vehicles are rented with a full tank of fuel, and must be returned at the end of the rental term with a full tank.

Is there a breakdown service?

Yes – we have a 24 hour 7 days a week breakdown service. There will be a charge for this service if the fault is due to negligence on your part – ie leaving the lights on causing a flat battery – or if you require us to change a tyre (all vehicles are equipped with spare tyres and jacks)

Getting a Drivers License


Visitors to the Cook Islands can drive on their overseas license for up to six months unless the license expires, is revoked, suspended, or disqualified in that time. A person will only be allowed to drive the class of vehicle they are licensed to drive in their home country. If you wish to acquire a Cook Island driver’s license, then you will need to go to the Cook Island Police Department and purchase one there. If you’re unlicensed for driving a bike, then you must sit a practical test to prove you are capable of doing so.

For further information contact the Cook Islands Police on

enquires@police.gov.ck or ph: 682 22499

Baby Car Seats

Car seats are available due to availability please note that there is an extras option in your booking if you require one.

car seat cook islands

Scooter hire rarotonga

Travelling to Cook Islands Tips

You are able to drive on Cook Islands roads if you have a valid license in English from your own country in the class of vehicle you wish to hire.

If your homeland license is not in English – or if you wish to hire say a scooter but you have only a license for a car, you will need to obtain a Cook Islands Driver’s License.

A Cook Islands Driver’s License can be obtained from the Police Station in Avarua at a cost of $40.00 for a scooter (required to sit a written and practical test).

Take advantage of our free pickup and drop off service to and from your accommodation for a vehicle rental of 3 days or longer – or we can arrange to have your vehicle waiting for you at the airport upon your arrival to Rarotonga for an extra charge of $20.00 but note dropping off your vehicle is the same rate.

The speed limit on Rarotonga is 50kmph maximum for cars and 40kmph maximum for scooters. Speed limit of 30kmph applies to the main town and around school areas – just look for the signs. You are on “Island Time” so slow it all down.

We drive on the left, and give way to your right.